Free Online Farm Stress Education Opportunities
The following opportunites are available for anyone at no cost-we will update this page as we learn of more courses so please check back often.
- FREE Online Course: Rural Resilience: Farm Stress Training Register and learn more
- FREE Webinar Series: “Factors Impacting Socially Disadvantaged Farmers and Ranchers in the Southeast: Farm Stress, Mental Health, and Social Structural Components.” Third Tuesday of every Month 12PM-1PM CST (11-Noon MST) Register and learn more
- FREE Webinar Series: Seeds of Promise: Growing Resiliency in Times of Stress. A three-part webinar series from the NW Minnesota Foundation. View the webinar series and learn more
- FREE Webinar Series: The Mississippi State University Extension Service PROMISE Initiative Team, in collaboration with the USDA and SAMHSA, is launching a webinar series entitled, R is for Rural and Resilient. The webinar series will be held on the third Tuesday of every month at 12 PM CST.
Dr. Mike Rosmann is the opening speaker for the first webinar, which will be held
at noon CST on Tuesday, November 17, 2020. To register for the first webinar, please click this link.
Please see the line up and registration links for the other webinars in this series:
- November 17, 2020: Farm Crisis: 1980s to Today - Dr. Michael Rosmann
- December 15, 2020: Farm Stress, Mental Health, and Suicide - Dr. Brittney Schrick (University of Arkansas) and PROMISE team
- January 19, 2021: Effects of Farm Stress on Youth and Families
- February 16, 2021: Social Structural Factors Affecting SDFRs - Dr. John Green (University of Mississippi) and Erin King (Mississippi State University)
- March 16, 2021: Black Owned Land Loss, Land Trust, and USDA 2501 Grants - Dr. Freddie Davis III (The Federation of Southern Cooperatives, LAF)
- April 20, 2021: Personal Story of Land Loss and Discrimination - June and Angie Provost (Louisiana)
- May 18, 2021: Farm Crisis History Overview from Historian’s Perspective – Dr. Jim Giesen