Professional Development & Awards
Please let us know that you've visited this page:
denotes required fields.
The awards coordinated by MSU Extension recognize faculty and staff members who advance the mission of Extension and MSU in teaching, research, extension and service. Awards help recognize staff and programs through increased exposure, financial incentives, growth in professional networks and increased trust in relationships. Please check back often as the page is updated regularly. Click here for access: Awards Page
- Learn more about awards and past award recipients
- Find nomination information and deadlines
- Nominate someone for any or all of the awards
- Let everyone know about an award you've won
Recent award winners:
Megan Van Emon, Extension Beef Cattlespecialist has been recognized for her outstanding community engagement efforts and youth programming by the American Society of Animal Science.
Professional Development directly supports Montana State University Extension and Outreach’s stragegic plan, aligning the skills of our professionals with the needs of our organization. We conceptualize, design, research and present development opportunities that will motivate, challenge, strengthen and enlighten staff across counties and reservations, and campus-paid staff and faculty. MSU Extension sees value in both peer- and expert-delivered professional development, through:
- increased skillsets
- expanding a network of experts
- learning to benefit local, specific needs
- fostering a growth and improvement mindset for new ideas.