Big Sky Conservation Partnership
In 2016 MSU Extension in Gallatin County partnered with Montana Land Reliance on developing the Big Sky Conservation Partnership. This effort wat supported by the Yellowstone to Yukon Conservation Initiative.
The Big Sky Conservation Partnership provides information to the Big Sky community enabling an informed balanced approach to land management and land use planning.
The outcomes of this Partnership include:
• Critical open space, private land, and wildlife habitat will be identified/conserved.
• Wildlife transportation conflicts will be identified/addressed.
• A water conservation plan for the Big Sky Community will be completed - prioritizing projects/activities.
• Potential ecological restoration projects will be identified/initiated.
• Ecological impacts of recreational activities will be better understood/mitigated.
• Create and maintain a livable and economically vibrant community that values wildlife and clean water, and demonstrates sustainable development practices.
For More Information Contact: