MSU Extension Econ Tools
Online Tools to Aid in Making Economic Farm Management Decisions
List of Tools:
- Economics of Fertilizer Application in Grain Production: Optimize nitrogen fertilizer application rates using agronomic and economic models
- Oilseed & Biodiesel Economics: Determine if on-farm oilseed and biodiesel production makes sense for your operation
- Fungicide Decision Tool: Compare costs and benefits of fungicide application in the presence or absence of disease
- Montana Grain Prices: Compare current and historical prices for wheat and barley at several locations in Montana. Data are from AMS.
- Saline Seep Reclamation: Analyze the costs and benefits of addressing a saline seep by planting a perennial crop such as alfalfa in the seep recharge area.
- Wheat Basis: Forecasts wheat basis and price for many locations in Montana and Washington.
- Map Maker: Create color-coded county map of Montana using your own data.