MSU Extension in Broadwater County is involved in a variety of community development efforts to strengthen the social, economic and environmental well-being of communities and address community development issues identified by residents. Topics include:
- Community Strategic Planning
- Local Governance
- Leadership Development Training
- Economic & Business Development
- Conflict Management & Resolution
Townsend is the county seat and only incorporated city in the county. Located at the heart of the county, it has a population of 1,878 according to the most recent census. Check out the local website for community information. There are also several other census designated places in the county:
- Radersburg - Small town located in the southwest area of the county with a population of 66. Check out the website for the Radersburg Historical Presentation, Inc.
- Spokane Creek - Located in the northwest corner of the county, about 14 miles southeast of Helena, with a population of 355.
- The Silos - Location on the west shore of Canyon Ferry Reservoir with a population of 506.
- Toston - Small town located on the Missouri River south of Townsend with a population of 108.
- Wheatland - Located at the southern tip of the county near Interstate 90 with a population of 568.
- Winston - Small town located north of Townsend with a population of 127.